Monday 5 December 2011

Day Twenty Six

Today a woman from further up the mountains messaged me to say that all the silkworms she had purchased from me have died!
Shock!
I can't imagine why they have perished.  The cooler temperatures may have been a cause and since she's at a higher altitude it's of course even cooler where she is.
I have offered her a refund or to replace her silkworms.  She wants to have them replaced but I can't help feeling that it's a waste of time and silkworm lives since the real cause isn't know.
Meanwhile my many hundreds of silkworms continue to thrive.  They are consuming mulberry leaves at a rate of knots and I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to keep up the supply.
Mr Honey Pie is bringing two bags home each day and this is barely enough to last twenty four hours.
I may have to find a second supply as my mangy little tree won't do much to feed them.
Moulting continues too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment