Wednesday 14 December 2011

Day Thirty Five

Today's post is brought to you by the letter S and the number 6.5!

I'm still feeling a bit under the weather today.
My tummy is still sensitive and I'm only eating lightly.

On the other hand, the silkies are spurring on.

The fellows below are measuring in at approximately 6.5cm in length and 1cm in thickness.  Others are are measuring in at almost 8cm.


onthesilkwormroad.blogspot.com
 

Isn't the creamy wonderful?
The cream silkworms are definitely a minority.  Perhaps this is what makes them seem more attractive to me.


I found an interesting article about changing the colour of silkworms which in turn changes the colour of the silk:
Oh the possibilities.
I've listed the silkworms for sale on Gumtree.  The ad will be visible tomorrow.
Unless I take up sericulture  as a full time activity I panic to think what I'm going to do with around six hundred cocoons and the resulting moths and eggs! 

Feel free to contact me through this blog if you would like to purchase some.
The going rate is $5.00 for 15 silkworms.  Pick up only and I'm in the Blue Mountains.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment