Wednesday 7 December 2011

Day Twenty Eight

By the size of the holes in this leaf it 
 seems that silkworm caterpillars are not the only caterpillars that like mulberry leaves.
I found the above little fellow on my supply of leaves that have been stored in the refrigerator.
It has been chilled for something like three days, and survived.
I put the caterpillar and the leaf outside.
I'm hoping that the little creature can fend for itself.
My other find today was a silkworm in a smaller container that I  had been storing the larvae in ready to be picked up.
I thought  it was empty.
I'd say that the silkworm had been in the container for something like a week.  
It too survived!  
If there was food for in the container who can say?  There was none today.
It has now joined it's brothers and sisters in one of the three tanks I've got going to house them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment