Sunday 11 December 2011

Day Thirty Two

The silkworms are now taking up a great portion of my time.
It seems weird to think that such a benign insect can make an impact on one's life.
Last year, when I had fifteen of them to care for, they made a much smaller impression on my days.
My original intention for making the purchase of fifteen silkworms was to give them to my Grand Daughter because she is unable to have a pet.  She lives in a tenanted house and no pets are allowed.
Are silkworms classed as pets?  Would a goldfish be classed as a pet...?   She has had more than one goldfish but each one perished so that idea was passed up.
This year she's been given another fifteen or so of her own but I have hundreds more to contend with.
Believe it or not...mine are thriving much better than her fifteen.

Twelve caterpillars left home today...up the mountain they went.  But once more they've hardly made a dent in the numbers!

I ran out of mulberry leaves tonight and had to resort to picking leaves off our tiny little tree...which I've been saving in case of emergencies.
Later on Mr Honey Pie brought home two plastic shopping bags stuffed with leaves.
What can I say?  He saved the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment