Friday 20 January 2012

Day Seventy Two, Week 11

This morning saw no moths emerging.
I have been tossing some of the dead moths into the garden, thinking that perhaps the birds would find them to be a tasty morsel.
So you can imagine my surprise to see a water skink emerge from its hiding place and devour one of the moths I had only moments before discarded.  I watched from above, on the balcony, as the lizard ate another two of the moths.

The dust that the moths have generated is becoming more of a hazard each day.
This evening I spent over an  hour cleaning up a fine layer of white 'dust' off the dining room furniture, floor, and light fittings.

I'm now sworn to never having 'pets' in the house  again, as my airways are affected by the build up of  moth wing dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment